From time to time life can feel a bit tricky. At Oaklands there are lots of ways that we can help you to feel safer and happier.
Feeling unsafe at school or at home?
- Use your safe hand - who have you written on your safe hand? Can you talk to these people about your worries?
- Your class teacher will always make time you if you are worried about something.
- Use the friendship bench if you're feeling lonely at lunch-times or break-times.
- Write down what you are feeling and give the note to a trusted adult.
- Talk to a friend, they might come to an adult with you.
- You must protect yourself.
If an adult is making you feel unsafe at home or at school - you must tell someone and you will be helped. If you don't have a trusted adult that you feel that you can talk to call Childline on 0800 1111.
Struggling with learning?
- I must remember that it's not that I cant do it, I just cant do it yet.
- Having help and support from my teacher or a friend will help me to understand - this is positive.
- Talk to your grown ups at home and to your class teacher - they can help you to understand which parts you need help with.
- Remember that our best learning comes from us making mistakes.